Property for sale Pont-Aven 21 rooms - 950 m²
FULLY RESTORED 19TH CENTURY CHATEAU, NEAR PONT-AVEN AND THE OCEAN
This fully restored nineteenth-century château of 950sqm is surrounded by its 56ha of uninterrupted grounds and several outbuildings. Holding a dominant position over the land, it benefits from a lovely view over the fields and woods, and all the way to the sea from its tower.
The property is strategically located 5km from the most beautiful beaches of Southern Brittany, close to Pont Aven, Concarneau, Quimper and Lorient. Easily accessible and having only one neighbour - the now independent old estate farm that creates no nuisance to the general harmony of the area, the château has 950sqm of living space comprising:
Ground floor (216sqm):
• Very bright entrance hall (47.5sqm) with large windows and a grand staircase
• Two reception rooms (48sqm et 28sqm) with marble fireplaces and wood panelling
• Dining room (47.7sqm) with wood panelling and wood stove
• Kitchen (10sqm)
• Library/Office (27sqm)
First floor (197sqm):
• Living room (23sqm) with balcony overlooking the grounds and a small kitchen
• 2 bedrooms (31.3sqm & 26.6sqm) sharing a bathroom with jacuzzi bath and shower (14.5sqm)
• Laundry room with fireplace that could reconvert into a bedroom (19sqm)
• 1 bedroom (23.8sqm) with bathroom (4.6sqm)
• Sauna (7.2sqm)
Second floor (207sqm):
• 4 bedrooms (22.6, 23.7, 26.4, 30.3sqm) each with a bathroom
• 2 adjoining bedrooms of 19sqm sharing a bathroom
• 1 independent bathroom
Top floor (130sqm):
• 4 bedrooms (20, 21.5, 21.5, 22.7sqm) each with a bathroom
• Games room (47.9sqm)
• Boiler room (27.9sqm)
• 3 Storage rooms (42.4, 25.9, 25.6sqm)
• Cellar (18.7sqm)
The château is in perfect condition, fully restored and with central heating and new double-glazed windows for better insulation, which gives the château a «C» category in its energy diagnosis (DPE).
It meets the criteria and standards necessary to receive the general public (Socotec conformity) and is equipped with fire and burglar alarms.
The manor house(230sqm) contains a living room, a kitchen, 4 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms, a large utility room and 2 artists’ studios
The original dove cote (70sqm) has been converted into a guest house with a living room and corner kitchen, two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
Within the grounds there are several sheds, all well concealed amongst the undergrowth, that are ideal for storing tools and wood piles.
The landscaped grounds include an esplanade, lawns, Celtic garden, fruit garden, sports ground, forest, pond, meadows and two streams. The gardens are equipped with electricity and a water pump.
The chateau is offered for sale with all its furniture and all equipment necessary for its upkeep.
A magnificent location, immediately ready to host a major professional project.
Group specialises in distinctive, luxury real estate in France with a strong international presence, we have worked with our sellers to appraise and promote their properties while guiding our buyers as they search for unique homes.