Chateau for sale Aigues-Mortes 50 rooms - 1,600 m²
- Historical monument
GARD - LISTED CHATEAU BETWEEN MONTPELLIER AND NIMES, 10 MINUTES FROM THE SEA
Built on the site of a former Gallo - Roman "Villa" and a former priory, this unique property belongs to the same family for 500 years. Some remains date back to the 12th century but the main architectural elements of the castle are mostly from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Ideally located on the edge of Hérault and Gard, close to Aigues Mortes and its beaches, this property is set on a remarkable location, away from any nuisance on 3,5 hectares.
It offers a wonderful park with ancient trees. It includes an extraordinary driveway of plane trees planted in 1815. A swimming pool and a tennis court bring a touch of modernity.
The property consists of the castle itself and several outbuildings. Some articulated around the superb square court of honor.
THE CASTLE offers approx. 800m² of living space and 24 main rooms.
It consists of a main building on 3 levels flanked by a dungeon with 2 more levels and a terrace.
Ground floor :
Entrance with stone staircase leading to the floors
- A large vaulted living room opening onto the park
- An office and a small living room
- A vaulted dining room opening onto the park
- A vaulted living room opening onto a park
- A kitchen, toilet with sink and shower
A stone period spiral staircase also leads to the first floor
CAPITULAR ROOM: vaulted, ideal for receptions: kitchen-caterer, cloakroom, 2 independent toilets
1st floor :
- On the left of the stairs: antechamber, yellow lounge room, 3 bedrooms, 2 with shower room, laundry room, toilet.
- On the right of the staircase, vestibule, library, 5 bedrooms, 1 with bathroom and 1 very large angle extended by a beautiful watchtower with armor on the outside serving as a bathroom, second bathroom, separate toilet.
2nd floor (only on one side): 6 smaller bedrooms, shower room, separate toilet.
3rd floor (dungeon only): 1 bedroom
4th floor (dungeon only): guards room
5th floor (dungeon only): roof terrace offering a spectacular panoramic view.
Beautiful decorative elements: floors, French ceilings, fireplaces, wood paneling...
Partial central heating.
- Dovecote (old watchtower)
- Large garage
8 APARTMENTS, representing a living space of approximately 800m²:
All the accommodations have comfort elements (heating, kitchen, toilets ...)
All services shops and amenities at 5kms.
Motorway, Sea and Beaches at 20 minutes.
Montpellier and Nîmes International Airports, TGV train stations at 30 minutes
Agency fees borne by seller
- Property with exclusivity
Group specialises in distinctive, luxury real estate in France with a strong international presence, we have worked with our sellers to appraise and promote their properties while guiding our buyers as they search for unique homes.