Chateau for sale Villers-Bocage 20 rooms - 550 m²
- Property with exclusivity
18TH CENTURY CHATEAU SET ON 3,8HA
Lovely 18th century property, fitted out in the respect of its history.
This typical French chateau, with its small pointed pediment marking the centre of the building, dates from the 18th century. All the graceful and unpretentious elements of the field house of its time can be found there.
The property, which was used after the war as a convalescent home, has lost the outbuildings surrounding the property. However, 3.8 hectares of grass and beautiful trees surround the property and are waiting to be redesigned as an English garden.
Beyond, numerous uncultivated pastures complete the estate.
A bright entrance hall leads on both sides to the main rooms (ceiling height of 4.80 m).
To the left,
- large 40sqm cosy living room. Beautiful Louis XV marble fireplace, herringbone parquet flooring in very good condition, 4 large windows.
- 2 small lounges, one could be converted into an office with a library and a small bright living room opening onto the garden.
To the right of the entrance hall,
- a tiled corridor leads to the main staircase, which conceals a small toilet and an exit to the garden.
- a small long living room leads to the dining room with a decorative Louis XVI fireplace.
- the dining room with a stone fireplace.
The first floor:
Large wooden staircase with wrought iron banister lit by two windows. Private flats accessible through a landing closed by a glass door. A corridor with a black and white cabochon floor and 5 windows leads to the bedrooms.
A bedroom of about 18 sqm, a bedroom with an alcove to shelter the bed and a shower room, a bedroom with an alcove.
An elegant bathroom with tiled floor, has a bathtub built into the woodwork allowing a view of the garden through the window next to it, it is completed by a shower and a closed toilet.
To the left of the staircase, a bedroom adjoining a small living room. Shower room and toilets.
The second floor,
Completely refurbished with modern comfort and insulated with quality materials, it consists of:
- a vast space separated by the two-brick chimney with wide strip pine parquet floor.
- a bedroom in perfect condition.
- a gym.
- a superb bathroom and a toilet.
- a bedroom lit by a large velux with its shower room and toilet.
- a landing leading to the service staircase illuminated by a skylight and a window.
30 min from the sea and 20 km from Bayeux, 3 minutes from the local shops.
- Property with exclusivity
Group specialises in distinctive, luxury real estate in France with a strong international presence, we have worked with our sellers to appraise and promote their properties while guiding our buyers as they search for unique homes.