Chateau for sale Vitry-le-François 25 rooms - 850 m²
- Historical monument
- Under offer
NEO-CLASSIC CASTLE OF PALLADIAN STYLE BEGINNING OF XIXth CENTURY CLASS MH, PARK OF ENV. 12 HECTARES REGISTER MH
In the heart of a village in the south-east of the Marne, a neo-classical Palladian style castle built between 1806 and 1812, of approximately 850 m² living space on 3 levels in 25 main rooms including vast receptions and 6 rooms or suites with antechamber, all with bathrooms or private shower. Superb elements: parquet floors, chimneys, paneling, decorations ...
Peristyle, atrium, typical elements of Palladian villas. A neo-Gothic chapel, two pavilions (bread oven and dovecote) arranged in independent housing, two other pavilions located at the entrance of the property, one of them housed in house of guards or friends, the other to restore, a building of dependence with old stables, the vestiges of the old farm.
Wooded park of about 12 hectares with vegetable garden, orchard, piece of water about 4700 m².
The castle, the two pavilions (bread oven and dovecote) and the chapel are classified as Historical Monuments.
The park is listed as a Historic Monument.
The property has been restored to the rules of art with the help of Companions of Duty.
- Garden level / basement: access to the south side to a large crossing vestibule serving: a dining room (old kitchens) floor stone slabs, stone fireplace, old vegetable garden ; a small independent kitchen equipped and equipped; an office; a bedroom tommettes floor and shower room and wc; a suite of two large reception rooms (about 95 m²) opening onto the park; several vaulted cellars, boiler room, workshop opening on the outside by a door cartere. A wooden spiral staircase serves the upper levels.
- 1st floor / noble floor: access south by a double flight of stairs outside the peristyle. A central vestibule floor paving cabochons, walls decorated with motifs painted in trompe l'oeil. On the right side is an office with parquet flooring and low woodwork; a floor oak floor room in scale, marble fireplace; a boudoir converted into a dressing room; a shower room and separate wc. On the left, the staircase serving the floors and behind, on the west side, a library floor parquet, furniture surmounted arched niches, black marble fireplace of the nineteenth century. cle, accessing the peristyle and overlooking the chapel and the park. Opposite, centrally located, the rectangular-shaped atrium illuminated by a roof window, parquet floor, facings painted faux marble. The atrium serves: to the north, a large living room (about 56 m²) with panoramic views of the park, parquet floors with hungarian points, Louis XVI style woodwork, pilasters surmounted by Corinthian capitals, paneling, chimney in marble under one of the windows; To the east, a small living room with alcove with access to terraces, parquet floor; To the west, a dining room with neo-classical decor: Neo-Pompeian frescoes and a galley.
- 2nd floor: Landing serving a vestibule decorated in the Empire style, tommettes floor. On the right side is a large suite of about 52 sqm with parquet floor room, small living room parquet floor and fireplace, shower room and wc. Opposite, a mezzanine overlooking the atrium of the noble floor serving: to the east, a suite of about 45 m² with alcove room, parquet floor, fireplace, small living room parquet floor, a shower room and wc; north, a suite of about 44 m² with parquet floor room and fireplace, a small living room parquet floor and fireplace Empire style, a bathroom and toilet, a laundry; To the west, a room of about 30 m² floor parquet, chimney of angle and a bathroom and toilet. Behind the staircase west side, a room of about 27 m² floor parquet, chimney, a bathroom and wc.
- Attic, beautiful frame.
CHAPEL: Built in 1837, neo-Gothic style. it consists of a small nave and a chevet. Main facade decorated.
THE TWO PAVILIONS (BREAD OVEN AND PIGEONNIER):
The bread oven rises on 2 levels including on the ground floor: living room with kitchenette: on the floor: one bedroom with shower room and wc.
- The dovecote rises on 2 levels including on the ground floor: living room with open kitchen area; On the floor: a room with boulins, a room of shower and toilet.
THE TWO PAVILIONS AT THE ENTRY OF THE PROPERTY:
- The house of guards or friends rises on 2 levels including on the ground floor: living room with kitchenette, separate toilet; On the floor: a bedroom, a shower room and wc.
- The second pavilion is to be fully restored, roof included.
THE BUILDING DEPENDENCY WITH OLD STABLES: In red brick, it includes 5 horse boxes, storage rooms and an old barn.
THE REMAINS OF THE OLD FARM: These are the remains of building in chalk and wood.
EQUIPMENT AND COMFORT:
- Central heating oil, boiler brand "Frisquet" with hot water production installed in 2007, tanks of 5000 liters buried. Electric heating for furnished lodges.
- Door frames: double glazed wood on two thirds of windows and windows, single glazing on the rest. Inner shutters at the noble floor. Exterior shutters wood.
- Electricity redone.
- Sanitation: two septic tanks for the castle, one also connected to the "bread oven" pavilion; a septic tank for the pavilion "dovecote"; a septic tank for the guards' lodge. Conformity visit performed: installation not compliant because under dimensioned.
- Water supply: communal network + well and source near the chapel. Water softener.
THE PARK: The 12-hectare park, partly enclosed by walls to the south and east, bordered by a canal to the north, consists to the north-west of a piece of water of about 4700 m², in the south-west of a wooded part, in the south-east of a big vegetable garden and an orchard and in the north of a wild and natural space with forest and wood,
SITUATION: At about 6 minutes from a village with shops and amenities, 18 minutes from Vitry-le-François (TGV station, 2 round trip to Paris per day (1h25 ride), 30 minutes from Lake Der and its casino, 35 minutes from Bar-le-Duc, 45 minutes from Chalon-en-Champagne, 1h10 from Reims, 1h15 from Epernay, 1h20 from Troyes, 1h30 from Nancy, 2h30 from Paris.
Group specialises in distinctive, luxury real estate in France with a strong international presence, we have worked with our sellers to appraise and promote their properties while guiding our buyers as they search for unique homes.